Next to the Vauban Tower dating from 1695, considered the oldest lighthouse in France, visit the modern Cap Fréhel lighthouse still in service. Measuring 33 meters in height, it was built in 1950 following the destruction of the previous lighthouse by the Germans in 1944. Its range in clear weather is 110 kilometers.
From the top of the gallery of the Cap Fréhel lighthouse, you can admire an exceptional panorama: The moor, Fort La Latte, the harbor of Saint-Malo, the Cotentin coast, the Bay of Saint Brieuc, off the Normandy corner islands and the island of Bréhat.
At the tip of Cap Fréhel, the old semaphore has now disappeared. It was burned during the Second World War by French soldiers before the arrival of the Germans.
To access the Cap Fréhel lighthouse in Plévenon, take the D34, the Vélomaritime or the customs trail to Cap Fréhel.
Access for People with Reduced Mobility: Several spaces are reserved in the parking lot. Access is possible for wheelchairs thanks to a path which leads to the old road. The chairs can pass next to the barrier which blocks access. Free parking with the PMR parking card.
The Cap Fréhel lighthouse is open to visitors from April to October. In season, call 02 96 84 19 99. Out of season, contact Plévenon town hall on 02 96 41 43 06.