Léhon, a small city with a strong character
# The Saint Magloire abbey and its garden.
Let's take the time for a moment for a monk discovering / looking for a place of retreat.
Here is this former Benedictine monastery from the XNUMXth century bordering the Rance. What peace and quiet! it's perfect for recharging one's batteries. But why the name Saint-Magloire for this abbey? The body of this Breton saint was stolen by monks and brought here… What could be better than taking a guided tour to learn a little more about this place full of history and certainly anecdotes.
It is now time to enter the abbey church, the sun's rays pierce the stained glass windows giving color to the church and a rather magical atmosphere. Then go through the cloister and the medieval garden to enter the Abbey and come out on the other side towards the gardens located on the banks of the Rance.
# The medicinal garden
Go to the site of the old cemetery where there is a bed of medicinal plant in 4 squares: one for skin diseases, the second for joint problems, the third to treat the mind (soothing and euphoric plants) and the last for latent diseases (digestion, eyes, bronchi, etc.)
# The ruins of the castle
On the way for a digestive walk towards the castle ruins, perched on its promontory. After a short climb, we are there… The choice is offered to us either to enjoy the view of the countryside and the Rance or to take ourselves for a knight protecting his castle!
Anyway today it is a place conducive to musical appointments, daydreaming and relaxation.
# The town of Léhon
Ideal for measuring your own size 😉 But why talk about size? because the houses often stand with all small doors and often of different colors. But the charm does not stop there, the cobbled streets and sometimes the narrowness of these make it a timeless visit.
# The old bridge
This one spans rancid and we also step over it to go from one bank to the other. It was first built in wood and then in stone with the number of arches which evolved over the centuries.To do
- Stroll in the streets of Léhon and discover the charm of this small town
- Walk around on the towpath (your choice for the mode of transport…) on foot, by bike, on horseback and reach Dinan via the lock and above all to have the view of the gardens and the abbey from the right bank.
- Take a few breaststrokes at the Pommiers swimming pool (outdoor swimming pool) with a view of the Abbey… But who can boast of that!
- Discover the abbey as a venue for artists
- Bucolic and gourmet break at the Café “Côté Cour” in the gardens of the former presbytery