This mill was one of the observation posts of the Duke d'Aiguillon during the battle of Saint-Cast in 1758. It owes its fame to the Attorney General of the Parliament of Rennes (La Chalotais): "If our General was not generally covered with glory, at least it was covered with flour". The prosecutor was referring to the relationship that the Duke maintained with the miller's wife, in the mill where he established his headquarters. The name of the "Belle Meunière" is now associated with a famous pastry shop of Saint-Cast le Guildo ... The mill stopped operating in 1872.